Make a difference in the lives of people with brain injury.
The Brain Injury Alliance of New Jersey is on a mission to improve the quality of life
for anyone impacted by brain injury by providing support, advocacy,
and information, while promoting brain injury prevention.
Community Outreach Specialist
Location: Some Flexibility in Schedule/Location
Date Posted: 1/25/2023
The Brain Injury Alliance of New Jersey (BIANJ) is seeking to hire a Community Outreach Specialist who will serve Central New Jersey, with a focus on Monmouth and Ocean Counties. Our ideal candidate is resourceful, organized, positive, team-oriented and able to work independently. You must have a commitment to equity as well as cultural competency skills and an ability to connect with underserved communities.
- Statewide outreach and promotion of brain injury awareness, education and prevention
- Administrative support for educational events
- Statewide exhibiting at conference and events
- Create and present workshops
- Provide program outreach to targeted underserved communities
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required: preferably in social work, psychology, public health education or a similar major
- One year experience in community outreach or program planning preferred
- Local travel required. Must have valid driver’s license and access to a car
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of brain injury, concussion, domestic violence and/or substance abuse is desirable
- Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus
Please note: People rarely meet 100% of qualifications. We encourage you to apply.
Please either upload your resume using the form to the right, or email your resume and cover letter to Barbara Chabner at email@example.com.
Director of Support Services
Location: North Brunswick, New Jersey
Date Posted: 1/25/2023
The Brain Injury Alliance of New Jersey is a statewide non-profit provider of quality services, supports, education and advocacy for people with brain injuries, their families, and the general public. We have an immediate opening for a full-time Manager of Support Services. This is a hybrid position. Our office is located in North Brunswick.
- Oversee care coordination program for individuals with brain injuries and families
- Manage and supervise care coordination staff
- Program outreach and promotion
- Serve as a liaison to support group leaders throughout state
- Management of relationships and compliance reporting to funders
- Supervisory experience is required.
- Master of Social Work, Public Health, Public Administration, Education or other closely related field can substitute for experience
- Applicants must have valid driver’s license
Please either upload your resume using the form to the right or email your resume and cover letter to Wendy Berk at firstname.lastname@example.org.