Make a difference in the lives of people with brain injury.
The Brain Injury Alliance of New Jersey is on a mission to improve the quality of life
for anyone impacted by brain injury by providing support, advocacy,
and information, while promoting brain injury prevention.
Location: North Brunswick, New Jersey
The Brain Injury Alliance of New Jersey (the Alliance), a state wide non-profit provider of quality services, is expanding their Support Coordination Department and seeks Full time Support Coordinator (s) to work with individuals with disabilities. This position is office based (North Brunswick) and could require travel to Union, Essex, Morris, Bergen, Monmouth, Middlesex, Mercer and Somerset counties.
The Alliance is proud to provide a supportive and collegial working environment. Health, dental and life insurance and a 401(k) are included as a benefit of employment for full time employees. All full time employees receive twelve paid holidays per year, as well as vacation and sick time. Travel is reimbursed at the federal level. Immediate hire and competitive salary.
- Provide support coordination/case management to individuals who are eligible for DDD services.
- Develop and monitor individualized service plans for adults with developmental disabilities
- Assist individuals with developmental disabilities to explore and access community supports
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with families and community providers.
- Position requires travel and candidate must have valid NJ driver’s license and a dependable means of transportation.
- Bachelor’s degree required in a social services field (social work, psychology, etc.)
- At least one year documented experience working with adults with developmental disabilities required (experience can be in a volunteer capacity).
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Ability to meet or exceed deadlines.
- Strong team player willing to take direction, initiate business activities and work with management staff and peers.
- Extensive training provided but experience working/volunteering in a social service setting is preferred.
- Applicants must have valid driver’s license and automobile, travel within New Jersey required.-
- Must pass all DDD and Brain Injury Alliance of New Jersey back ground checks.