Technology is a valuable tool but it can be challenging to navigate. Through this session you will gain a better understanding of some of the technology that is available to help individuals with brain injuries. We will explore some free features that are built into Apple devices, Windows computers, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Edge. We will also explore some devices that can help with reminders, appointments, misplacing things, online virtual meetings, and organization of paperwork.
About Sally Hagarty:
Sally has a Master’s degree in Special Education, a New Jersey teaching certificate, and has been working in the field of Assistive Technology since 2000. She has had experience teaching students with multiple disabilities, individuals who are blind and visually impaired, adults who are interested in returning to work, and adults who are experiencing difficulties in everyday life due to traumatic brain injuries. In her current position, Sally is working with teachers, students, parents and adults to help adapt technology to their individual needs, and to help teachers and school staff discover adaptations that will best help each student achieve his or her potential.
What Advocates Need to Know
Attendees will learn:
- To explain the legislative process both in New Jersey Legislature and the United States Congress.
- To demonstrate how you can define your elected officials in State and Federal government.
- To offer tips on presenting your concerns, ideas, and/or needs to an elected official.
- To present case studies of how people have influenced an elected official(s).
- To list transportation legislation the Alliance monitors.
In recognition of National Concussion Awareness Day, the Brain Injury Alliance of New Jersey will be livestreaming Bell Ringer: The Invisible Brain Injury on Friday, September 16 starting at 3 PM. Join us to watch this award-winning PBS documentary, which is approximately one hour long and will be streamed live via Zoom. A brief optional discussion will immediately follow.
Seating is limited for this free screening. Reserve your spot today.
Free Webinar: Back-to-School Update – A Comprehensive Approach to Athlete Brain Health and Concussion
- Provide an overview of the New Jersey State Legislature
- Ensure that advocates have a basic understanding of the annual budget creation process in the State of New Jersey
- Empower advocates with knowledge as to how they may offer funding suggestions to elected officials
- Communicate case studies of how funding requests have been honored in the past
The webinar will be presented by Tom Grady, MPA, DTM, Director of Advocacy and Public Affairs at the Brain Injury Alliance of New Jersey.
Under NJ law, a person’s rights after a car crash have been preselected by them when they last renewed their car insurance policy. It is essential that you understand your car insurance to protect you and your family. This Webinar will guide you to the right choices when renewing your car insurance policy.
Presenting will be our Board President, Steven Benvenisti, Esq., who is a Partner at the Personal Injury Law Firm of Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C.